I could never stay upright ...

I have a 'condition' that causes me to faint at random. 2011 was a bad year, just after Miss 1 was born is when it started. I assumed that it was related to the low blood pressure that I suffered from during the pregnancy. But as the months passed, I progressively got worse, fainting on the stairs, in the car park of the shopping center and randomly at home. A neurologist had confirmed that it was Neurocardiogenic Syncope, which basically means that my brains stops sending signals for a split second resulting in my lack of consciousness and after much research, I found that it is also the cause of my lack of energy, dizzy spells and shortness of breath.

This was scary for us all. My little ones would hear a slight noise and come running to see if I was still standing! Thankfully last year it resolved itself, having only minimal episodes and less dizzy spells. But over the past month or so I have been noticing its return. The bugger is rearing its ugly head once more and again the family is on high alert! Recently we have found that heat and over exercising can bring on a fainting episode, basically over heating the body. Even some thing as small as stepping out of a hot shower into a cool room can set it off. Not much fun.




So now it's back to the doctors for me (insert sad face here) As if we don't have enough going on in our busy little house, we have to add more excitement! Oh well, what would we do without a little obstacle every now and then? Looking forward to resolving this (hopefully) soon, but I know that there are people out there worse off than I am so we must keep our chins up and soldier on!
Thanks ... MCM xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I love to hear what you think!

Powered by Blogger.