Day 27 - A letter to you

Oh no, the challenge is almost over! At the beginning I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand of writing everyday, granted that not everyday has been done, but I still think I have done so well! I really look forward to seeing where this challenge takes me with my blog, I already feel the creative juices flowing ... So today is about writing a letter to you! Yes you heard right, to you my dear and valued readers!


To my dearest readers,

Today I take this opportunity to acknowledge you, my readers. Without you this whole thing would be pointless. No not pointless, it would just go unnoticed.

I love to write, it has been one of my passions for many, many years. It is something I do as a hobby. I never write to be published or to be famous, I write for me and what makes that even more special is that you join me in my hobby and enjoy what I write.

It’s a humbling feeling knowing people like what I have to say. I’m not overly controversial I write from my heart and about things I love and am passionate about.

Blogging is new to me, it started as a way of connecting with people once becoming a parent for the third time and feeling disconnected from the world. I had that lost feeling, having gone from a practice manager of a busy medical clinic to being  at home talking to my newborn and 2 year old. I didn’t know what to do! Until … I stumbled across the top blogs on the Kidspot website one day. I spent months reading my favourites and laughing along with them. It made me feel connected to people in a way I hadn’t known before. From there it began.

I started with ‘Three Kids Before Thirty’ but that just didn’t work for me, so along came Middle Class Mama’s (after having a dream one night!). MCM is the most amazing form of writing and connecting. I have days where I sweat over numbers, worrying why no one is reading. But with that come contentment. It has become my public diary, my way of venting and sharing.

I never started blogging with the intention of making money. That isn’t important to me. So as cliché as this might sound, I do it for the love of it.

So thank you, thank you for supporting me, thank you for sharing with me, thank you for your comments and feedback and thank you for sticking around! It means so much to me that you like what I have to say. I hope that you stay for good!

Warmest Regards,

Mama Bear
Hayley Tehan
 

1 comments:

  1. I completely agree! I blog because I love it. If I grow readers in the mean time, that's awesome, but once I focus on that, I get anxiety and stop blogging honestly and organicly.

    And blogging every day in May - that's been tough for me too! I had to go off topic a few times to get through it.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I love to hear what you think!

Powered by Blogger.