To My Grown Up Children

This is a letter to my children when they have children of there own. It is an exercise to help me be a better parent.

To my dearest children,



The time has come that you are now holding a child of your own. No matter what anyone has said to you or what you think you know, having a child is the most amazing and daunting experience of your life.

First of all your priorities change. You no longer want to be out all night partying with friends or running a much wherever you go. No you will be conscious of the choices you will make and the people you will surround yourself with. This is not bad thing. You aren't missing out on anything that cannot be replaced by the unconditional love your child will have for you!

You will make mistakes. Mistakes aren't bad, they are a learning process. A chance for you to learn what works and what doesn't. You can't dwell on the things that have happened in the past, you need to use them to make you stronger. Know, that whenever you feel beaten, there will always be someone in your corner. Your new baby will forever be apart of who you are.

You will cry. I cannot tell you how many times I sat in a corner or curled up in bed crying because I felt too overwhelmed or too exhausted to go on. It doesn't mean you are weak or not a good parent. It means you are human and we all need to expel some tension and emotions. But just know that when your tears have finished falling, you can go on. No one will criticise you for it.

But most of all, I want you to forever know, that I will always love you. You have brought new life into our world, and regardless of the choices you make and the mistake that we will learn from, I will always stand by your side. I will be there to hold your hand, to clean your floor, to bath your babies and most of all to love you unconditionally. You will forever have my love and support, because I am your mum.

Love you forever,

Your Mother xxx
Signature photo image_zps403e45da.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I love to hear what you think!

Powered by Blogger.