Up and running

Running is something that I have grown to love. I have never been overly athletic and never saw myself running in the Olympics, but I enjoy being in that space. That space that is just for me and I can do my thing. 

I don't class myself as a fitness freak, I don't calorie count or diet, I'm not obsessed with winning, I have just found this new appreciation for a healthy mind and body and doing something to challenge myself.

Next week my training starts again. I was planning on completing Couch to 5k, but I think with my health being so up and down of late, I have decided to find something a little more apt for me. So I stumble across the Runner's World website and they have an 8 week program to get you up and running ... pardon the pun.

But of course, you have to walk before you run. As I have been inactive for the last few months, I have taken to walking to accustom my body before I start pounding the pavement! Stretching is another way to help ready your body for a return to work-out! I have downloaded a yoga app on the iPad and I have found it a great way to recover from the birth and get everything back to where it should be.

I am very much looking forward to losing the excess baby weight and getting back to the old me! I love setting goals and having something to aim for. Let's get going!

Signature photo image_zps403e45da.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I love to hear what you think!

Powered by Blogger.